Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Adventures in my Flip Flops.

  I love my flip flops and with the weather warming up I have been thinking of them fondly and remembering some adventures I had in them last summer.

  Piper and I had been searching for the perfect picnic place for my birthday. We were roaming the woods and fields and looked out over the edge of a cliff. The scene before us was beautiful. There was a lake, pine-trees, and a beech tree that made it look like the positively perfect picnic spot if only we could find a safe way down over the cliff. With some searching we found one. Piper and I had an awful time trying to get down to our much wanted destination, my flip-flops didn't have much grip at all, so I was sliding all over the place. I kept falling down on anything that was particularly slippery, Piper wasn't faring much better in fact I was still more lucky than she was, she got scrapes and bruises all over her legs. But it was all worth it when we came to the picnic spot, it was even more beautiful than it had appeared from the top of the cliff.  We managed to place a rotting log across the water to a quaint little island near the shore and Piper helped me and my already slippery flip-flops across the log to the island. The lake was beautiful, and worth all the effort of climbing down the cliff. We decided this would be the picnic spot although I knew better than to wear my flip-flops down there again.

  Another one of my adventures that I had with Piper and my favorite flip-flops was much more exhilarating than my first! Mom, Jay, Piper, and I were going for a walk up to the fields behind the barn. We noticed that the barn roof was really close to the ground and since we thought it would be thrilling to stroll across a barn roof we acted on our whim. Piper went up first and than I nervously stepped on a stack of rocks and heart beating so fast that it felt like its home was in my throat and I couldn't swallow, I climbed up onto the roof and walked over to Piper who was fearlessly standing there. My eyes opened wide and I clung onto her for my dear life. I had already found out that my flip-flops didn't have much traction, so I didn't enjoy myself nearly as much as I could have, my Mom told us to be careful and come back down, but still took some pictures. I'm pretty sure that I looked scared in all of them while Piper looked cool, calm, and invincible. I was quite glad to get back on the firm ground again, for there I could finally breathe again.

  We've been told not to climb on there again and I'm really quite fine with that. I'll seek adventures in my flip flops elsewhere.

  Here's a picture of Piper and I climbing the roof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment