Monday, May 8, 2017

Playing Piano

  Last Christmas was the most wonderful Christmas that I ever had. Mum and Dad had given me what I had wanted for the longest time, my very own keyboard. The air filled with my squeal of delight when I tore open the wrapping paper and realized what it was.
  But then Mum told me she had also signed me up to take piano lessons. I wasn't too sure if I would like that, in fact I was horrified. As much as I had always wanted to play a piano, I had never really thought of the lessons it would take to be able to play it.
   We had no idea where my piano teacher lived but, she gave Mum directions, and told us to enter her house through the French doors at the front. I immediately had lovely visions of a grand house, and even though the thought of piano lessons scared me I was looking forward to sweeping regally through those French doors.
   We had a bit of a problem finding her house the first time, and arrived five minutes late, which was nerve wracking because we always try to be on time or a few minutes early where ever we go.
  Her house was nothing like I had imagined, and I was kind of disappointed by her French doors, they were just two normal doors put together. She opened the door, and I don't know how I managed to get to the chair she requested me to sit on, I felt like I had jelly legs.
  Her piano was gorgeous though it was brown and big, the keys were very satisfying to play, and the sound was beautiful.
  I have learned a lot, and by now I'm thrilled that my mother had signed me up. Playing piano has become my passion, I have been picking out songs and getting requests from my family and best of all, I get to play a song on the piano at our homeschool group's end of the year variety show in a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I know that you love playing the piano (and I can hear it too!) I keep waiting for the day when you start playing "Flight of the Bumble Bee." I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note to say that I loved reading about your first experience of piano lessons. Music will take you anywhere you want to go with expressing your emotions. Keep plucking those black and white ivory keys.

    ReplyDelete